Saturday, September 26, 2015

Trail Ridge Road in the Fall

This prime fall weekend for viewing colors, we were apparently not alone in choosing to head into the mountains...



These two in yellow matched the scenery all day long


Every time we encountered a new peek of brighter color, we pit stopped to grab a closer look. And as we climbed to higher elevations, it got better and better.





We found a great place to have lunch, wishing our own Cy was along with us

My favorite shot of the day

These memories will be held dear

Okay, so how is it that I have lived here over 25 years, but I have never before driven over Trail Ridge Road? I'm pretty sure I would have remembered these steep drop offs. Yikes! 


Way steeper than it looks here

Just to compare, this is a similar view of the road we traveled, but in winter.
No wonder they close it down for several months each year.

But really beautiful views

There we are



My girl and I, enjoying a river

And my love and I, near the end of a very full day

2 comments:

  1. You and your camera take awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I wish I would've been in the car to see it first-hand!

    ReplyDelete