Wednesday, June 15, 2016

So Long To Kitten Batch Number Two

This crew went back to the animal shelter today. They'll be spayed and neutered tomorrow and then put up for adoption ... and kittens are going like hotcakes there, so they'll probably each have a new home before the weekend is over.

This is a typical view of them hanging out behind their barricade that kept them confined to the bathroom and hallway. Whenever they heard us coming, they stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to us. Those eyes, how could any of us resist stopping to snuggle them?!

Also very typical ... the two more toward the front have always been the outgoing ones who are more receptive to pats and snuggles. The other two were more stand-offish and sometimes downright unsocial. We worked on getting them ready to be good kitties for some nice family, though!


Annie's favorite, Han Solo, is fluffy and snuggly. This is her very last time to hold him. *sniff*


And if I were told I had to keep one, this would be my choice: White Paws. She always came running when I was in view. She spent several evenings sitting on my lap during the past few weeks.


Bella wouldn't even let us hold her for a photo before we tucked each kitten into the kennel to go back to the shelter. But she looked up at snapping fingers!


And finally, this beauty with the crazy whiskers ... Princess Leia. Another one who wouldn't let us get in a last snuggle.


An hour and a half of hard work after we got home from the shelter, and my bathroom was back into perfect shape. I must say, while I want to have another round of foster kittens, I wouldn't mind waiting for a little while. They offered me two with no mama today; they require bottle feeding every two hours. I declined.


1 comment:

  1. What a nice journal about your kitten family. I'm sure you did a great job to prepare them for their new forever families. I bet you are glad to get everything back in shape after so many weeks of boarding two families of kittens. Ahhhh, feeding babies every two hours does sound like a big job! It might be good that you declined that challenge for now! Until the next time of fostering, enjoy your kitten empty nest!

    ReplyDelete